Wednesday, July 10, 2013

There's A Story To Every Photo


This photo was taken around 1995-96.  I know what you are thinking.  Awesome jumper, right?  I could go on and on about the styles from the past I get to see working in this field.  I love it.

Anyway, I was eight years old in this picture on a camping trip.  While growing up my family, along with several others, would get together every year and go camping for a week.  So many photos and memories from those summers of hanging out with friends, singing songs, and enjoying nature.  Every year we would have a theme to the camping trip...  No, stop your train of thought.  That is NOT corny whatsoever.  Not to us at least.  The theme the year this photo was taken was an animal theme, and each family's name included an animal.  For example- the last name "Hubbard" would probably have been considered "Hub'bird'".  Haha, get it?  Well my family's name did in fact include the word "bird" in it.

To go along with our theme we were given a bunch of bird feathers, and I really wanted my mom to put them in my hair because I thought it would be oh so cool.  This very moment looking back, I'm thinking that it was oh so gross, but then again I'm pretty sure they were from the store.  That makes it less gross.  Well my mom happily put bird feathers in my hair, and I was so excited.

I really thought I was the cream of the crop that day, and I'm so happy that my mom took a picture of it.  Looking at this photo of me from my past puts a smile on my face, and joy in my heart.

Every piece of film has a story behind it.  Whether it is good or bad, it has helped shape who we are.  Don't let those moments from your past be forgotten.  Put them back in the limelight by converting them to digital.

-Christa, Marketing
Team Member for 6 Years

0 comments:

Post a Comment